"There's just something hypnotic about maps." - Ken Jennings
I always appreciate getting pictures of my finished work once it's installed, but for various reasons can't always get to the final installation to take photos. Joe and Sue were very kind to send me these shots of the steel cabinet base they had me build . . .
"Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth."
- Chuck Norris
Coming in the spring of 2014, articles here on:
- Past metalworking projects, and some woodworking also.
- Updates on current projects.
- Shop information.
- Thoughts on shop safety, machinery, and techniques.
- Ideas about work and life in general.
- . . . and more ramblings from a metalworking grandpa.
Men admire the man who can organize their wishes and thoughts in stone and wood and steel and brass. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is a steel tower I built while working at Aloha Welding. When it was finished it had to be trucked 70 miles to the Tillamook Cheese Factory at the Oregon coast . . .